Works of a temporary nature (such as scaffolding to facilitate redecoration and/or repair works to river walls) require a licence unless they are non intrusive in which case the written consent of the PLA is required.
If you are proposing to undertake temporary works and as a result of undertaking those works less than 50m3 of dredging would be required then it will be possible to licence this de-minimus dredging when the temporary licence is issued.
The following should be provided with any application for temporary works:
- and dredging application form (Word, PDF) if de-minimus dredging is proposed
- Location of works marked on a PLA chart extract
- Method statement and risk assessment
- Scaled drawings – detailed advice can be found here
- Water Framework Directive Assessment
- Green Technologies Assessment
- Licensee information (including registered address and company number where relevant)
- Relevant contextual / background information including the proposed timescale of the works
- Application fee
- Supporting studies where relevant (for example. hydrodynamic assessment, risk assessment, environmental assessment or statement)
Please submit completed applications to email@example.com