The role means a long and rewarding career on the tidal Thames. It also includes many benefits, such as:
- A starting salary of £52,547 per annum with progression through the classes.
- Once you’re an authorised Marine Pilot, the working pattern is nine days on watch, six days off duty.
- 28 days leave per annum, rising to 30 days when you reach Class I.
- A relocation allowance.
- BUPA private health insurance.
- A generous pension, which includes death-in-service cover and pension benefits for dependants.
- Discounted leisure centre membership.
- A structured training programme.