Useful tools for developer and fleet operators
Ship-to-shore power connection cost benefit tool
- A cost-benefit appraisal tool which quantifies the payback period for upfront investment of ship-to-shore power infrastructure.
- Please note that this tool should be used on an indicative basis only. It is reliant on data inputs and assumptions that are not guaranteed to be correct and the model is not subjected to routine updates.
- Last updated: August 2019, download here.
- To demonstrate the environmental benefits of Thames operations; and to recognise the early adopters of new technologies and/or fuels that will reduce emissions to air;
- To help customers and businesses pick “green” transport options that suit their needs and values;
- To allow stakeholders to demonstrate their corporate social responsibility, drive environmental performance and promote sustainable business through joining the scheme as incentive providers.
Greening Inland Shipping
Use of the Thames handbook - Coming Soon
- In the work towards the strategy and the consultation stakeholders told us that they wanted better guidance as to how to improve air quality from projects along the river, which freight and passengers by river can help to do, while reducing the emissions from marine sources. As such both the guidance for operators and that for developers have been produced in the first year of the strategy.