Charitable donations/community support
Gravesend Sea Cadets show off their new gear provided by the PLA
(click on image to enlarge)
The PLA supports a range of charities whose work is directly related to the river, marine skills and preserving the PLA’s archive, including: Thames Estuary Partnership, Thames21, Museum of London Docklands and University College London.
In addition, limited donations are made in line with the PLA’s commitment to wider principles of Corporate Social Responsibility, with contributions targeted on:
- organisations within the PLA’s operational area;
- local community groups;
- training and educational organisations, especially those involved with seafarer training and local schools;
- organisations offering support to seafarers, particularly those which are active in the Port of London;
- organisations whose focus is conservation of the quality of the environment; and
- organisations providing water-based sporting opportunities with an emphasis on facilitating access for the less privileged, although requests for sponsorship from individuals pursuing sporting excellence will not generally be supported.